04 January 2006

The "cool" guy and the mischievous Maverick

As a gesture of pure magnamimity, I will bestow all of you, my dear readers, with some council on this, the last pre-spring semester Wednesday of 2006. (how quickly they come and vanish into the night)
In highschool a group of my friends and I devised a labeling system to describe those who were well aware of their own coolness. Once you had reached the pinacle of your self-decribed and advertisted coolness, we would sarcasticly refer to you as "CG" and then we would follow you around doing a very odd ogre-like gesture. Think a more different version of the chicken dance of Arrested Development fame. I guess it was a little childish, but then again, so was highschool. Oh yeah, the warning...I was going to share an amusing ancedote about how I was refueling my rig at a Maverick Country Store that I frequent. While washing my bug ridden windshield, I was overcome with uneasiness and panic at the sound of a torrent of liquid spewing profusely from my vehicle. I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter. By that I mean I went to investigate the source of the fluidic sound of chaos only to find that my gas tank had overflown. The auto-shut off(the gas pump, not my auto) had malfunctioned(not unlike when Satan makes us malfunction) and regular unleaded was cascading down my vehicle into a flamable pool on the ground. Its rather unfortunate that I don't have the time to share that anecdote with you. Your loss.

4 comments:

FPrince said...

It's like that one time when I forgot to clock out at work. That thing just kept going and going.
That would have been a sweet anecdote. Skills!

Creativity Escapes Me said...

Mr. Souflee, always leaving me wanting more.

T.R. said...

that's what we call the Blake Effect.

Creativity Escapes Me said...

TR, oh how I've missed you.